Welcome to the newly relaunched Urgent Need Fund from Lady Freethinker! This grant program was created to help organizations involved with the rescue and care of animals in need.
The Urgent Need Fund is for organizations that are planning or currently working on projects to rescue or care for animals or raise awareness to improve the way animals are treated. This may include rescue missions, medical care, food, housing, or educational programs.
Organizations from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply for grants of up to $10,000 each.
To determine whether the Urgent Need Fund may be a good fit for your organization, please consider that your organization must be:
• Registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the U.S. or registered as an NGO in your country;
• Established for at least 2 years;
• Able to provide your most current Form 990 or Form 990-EZ. If your organization is outside the U.S., please send a copy of your NGO Reporting Form.
To apply for a grant from the Urgent Need Fund, please complete the application form here:
Before applying, please have the following prepared:
- An overview of your organization and its mission
- A link to your organization’s website
- A description of the project your organization is planning or currently working on. Please provide details about the services (Example: spay/neuter) associated with the project. Please include a list of the specific expenses associated with the project.
- Documentation of your organization’s tax-exempt status
- A copy of your most current 990, 990EZ or other NGO reporting form
Grant applications are due by September 23, 2022.
Awards will be decided by November 23, 2022.
Please send any questions about the Urgent Need Fund to: [email protected]
We hope to have the opportunity to support the important work you do. Thank you for taking care of animals in need and for your interest in Lady Freethinker’s Urgent Need Fund grants program!