Welcome to the Urgent Need Fund from Lady Freethinker!
The Urgent Need Fund is for organizations that are planning or currently working on projects to rescue or care for animals or raise awareness to improve the way animals are treated. This may include rescue missions, medical care, food, or housing.
Organizations from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply for grants of up to $10,000 USD each. Please note that actual amounts awarded may vary.
To determine whether the Urgent Need Fund may be a good fit for your organization, please consider that your organization must be:
- Registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the U.S. or registered as an NGO in your country;
- Officially registered as a 501(c)(3) or NGO for at least 2 years;
- Able to provide your most recent Form 990 or Form 990-EZ. If your organization is outside the U.S., please send a copy of your NGO Financial Report for the past year.
***Please note that all documents submitted must be in English.***
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2023 GRANT CYCLE
- July 1, 2023 – UNF 2023 Grant Cycle Begins
- August 12, 2023 – UNF 2023 Grant Cycle Ends
- November 1, 2023 – UNF 2023 Grants Awarded
THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS ENDED. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE CANNOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS GRANT CYCLE.
Before you begin the filling out the grant application form, please have the following prepared:
- An overview of your organization and its mission
- A detailed description of the specific project your organization is planning or currently working on, including an itemized budget for the project
- A link to your organization’s website and/or social media pages
- Documentation of your organization’s tax-exempt status
- A copy of your most current 990, 990-EZ or other NGO financial report (for organizations outside of the U.S.)
Please send any questions about the Urgent Need Fund to: [email protected]
We hope to have the opportunity to support the important work you do. Thank you for your interest in Lady Freethinker’s Urgent Need Fund grants program!
If you would like to see projects that Lady Freethinker has supported in the past, read about our 2022 Urgent Need Fund grant recipients: