Left to bake in the sun on a blistering hot day, a dog in Great Falls, SC was so desperate for relief that it choked to death on its own chain just trying to reach shade.
The dog was found dead, "bloating and and covered in flies and maggots," reports The Miami Herald.
The animal was cruelly chained in the backyard, with a belt around its neck instead of a proper collar. Although there was a doghouse in the yard, the chain was too short to reach it. The innocent animal died an excruciating death attempting to crawl under a bush -- temperatures were well above 90 degrees that day. The dog's water bowl was "dry and dusty."
No dog deserves to die in this painful way, and if found guilty, the alleged pertpetrator must be handed a fitting sentence. Sign the petition to urge authorities to serve justice, and ensure that this man never owns another animal again.
Stock photo by Photobank torange.biz