it’s yet another case of a violent, trigger happy cop brutally murdering an innocent animal. Sparta, Missouri Police Chief Andrew Spencer says he will resign his post in disgrace on December 14, 2015 after he shot and killed a family’s dog, who was lost.

A family had lost their puppy Chase, and Spencer, instead of trying to find the Chase’s owners, reportedly wanted to find “the cheapest vet to destroy the dog at the cost of the city.” But before he had a chance to carry out this plan, Spencer was called to a car accident. Spencer’s report says:

Due to the higher priority call and the imminent destruction of the dog, I decided it was best to destroy the dog and respond to the accident.”

So Spencer tricked the dog into a cage, took him to a firing range, and shot him dead. Meanwhile, Chase’s owner Elizabeth Womack was still trying to find her lost pet, having no idea what Spencer had done. Spencer later justified the killing by claiming the dog was acting aggressively toward the public, but did not present any evidence to back this up. Even if these claims were true, the dog was in a cage, unable to hurt anyone, when Spencer shot him dead.

To make the story even more heinous, Spencer lied about finding the dog. Saud Womack on Facebook:

“I was told by a police officer that they didn’t catch any dogs that day. He said they got a call about Chase, but responded to an assault call instead. So we called for a whole week trying reach chief Andrew Spencer. He did nothing but give us a run around for days. So we called all dog pounds and shelters and rescue one where we got Chase from. A few days later we get a call from chief Spencer, saying he had shot a pit bull chow mix that he picked up in the trailer park down the road from us. He told us He buried him in the sludge field if we wanted to make sure it was him. We didn’t find any freshly dug holes anywhere. So we tried the Sparta shooting range but we only found a pile of burnt meth pipes, cell phones and pill bottles. Then we found out from our neighbor on Friday evening that Chase had been picked up from an unmarked police car in front of our house. So we call and call and call trying to get a hold of chief Spencer again. To pick up our dog. Finally, 5 days later, chief Spencer contacted us saying he dug him up and left him at the police station. We picked him up that night after work. He was wrapped in a garbage bag, no traces of dirt on him or the trash bag anywhere. We got the police report. It never showed who he supposedly bit. So we took our fur baby home after searching for him for a week and laid him to rest.”

See the news story in the video below:

Story first published on